Fei Tian Academy of the Arts awards the prestigious Fei Tian Diploma, which recognizes students for not only demonstrating college readiness in standard academic subjects but also for achieving proficiency in the Chinese language and developing a substantial awareness of Chinese culture and traditions, as well as completing world-class pre-professional training in either classical dance or music.
This special blend of skills and competencies positions students for further study at the college level and to pursue a range of careers.
To receive the Fei Tian Diploma, students must:
- Fulfill the New York State standard high school diploma requirements and the school-required assessments in the core academic subjects;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the Chinese language and awareness of Chinese culture and traditions, via coursework or examination;
- Complete the Fei Tian pre-professional arts training, in either classical Chinese dance or music performance; and
- Complete at least one year of study at Fei Tian Academy of the Arts.
|Fei Tian Diploma Requirements||Cr||NYS Standard High School Diploma Requirements||Cr|
|English language arts||4||English language arts||4|
|Social studies, including Chinese history||5||Social studies||4|
|Chinese language/ Language other than English||4||Language other than English||1|
|Physical education||2||Physical education||2|
* Fei Tian students may use additional arts and Chinese language courses to satisfy the electives requirement.
Students who do not complete all the requirements for the Fei Tian Diploma, but substantially fulfill the standard diploma course/credit requirements and school-required assessments in the core academic subjects, may be eligible to receive a local High School Diploma.